Firefox May 16th, 2008
Let’s talk about Mozilla Firefox Again.
In my effort to make Mozilla Firefox as the best browser for Linux, I have made a couple of post of already on how can it be done such as:
- Fix and Get The Best Firefox in Linux
- Turbocharging Firefox
- Kubuntu Firefox Plugin/Add on Problem [RESOLVED]
- Install Microsoft Windows Font in Kubuntu
- Make Firefox 2 The Best Browser for Kubuntu
Now in this article I’ll show you how to restore the single click highlighting of the address bar in Firefox. In Linux, you have to double click the address in the address bar in order for it to be highlighted. I know that there are several users of Firefox who certainly miss this feature. If you use Firefox in Windows then you do know what I am talking about.
- Type ‘ about:config ‘ in Firefox’s address bar without the quotes.
- In the Filter box, type click.
- Look for browser.urlbar.clickSelectsAll (see screenshot), right click on it and click Toggle.
- Re-start Firefox and see the magic. Enjoy!